Shoots & Projects
- Commercials & Branded Content for Hulu, Purina, Citibank, Belvita Biscuits, Gillette, Coffee Mate, BuzzFeed, MTV, Budweiser, Reebok, College Humor and Seamless.com.
- Co-star in UCB's 2015 Movie Cram film.
- A TIME OUT CHICAGO *Critics Pick in the 2013 Chicago Improv Festival with improv duo RuBin.
- Wrote & Performed on 3 house sketch teams CA$H, Dispacho, & Company 29 at the Magnet Theater, NYC. (We also made videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-74aiKVQXbo)
- Wrote and Performed 3 solo shows in NYC at The P.I.T., Magnet Theater, TreeHouse Theater.
- Performed in Solocom 2014 with her solo show Lea Michele's Understudy.
- Studied production & filmmaking with Josh Ruben + Vincent Peone at CollegeHumor.
- Worked alongside Joe Sabia and C.D.Z.A. making viral videos that garnered over a million views.
- Masters Degree in Acting, Comedy Writing & Video Production
- Featured writer in the 2010 published anthology What We Brought Back: Jewish Life After Birthright- Reflections by Alumni of Taglit-Birthright Israel Trips.
- Wrote, starred in, and produced two digital series, Stazhias LenZ about a delivery room photographer and The Walk-Up a web series about living in a 5th floor walk-up.
- Toured nationally and performed Off-Broadway at New York City's Triad Theater from 2008-2009 with her original monologue about growing up as a first generation Hispanic-Jew in the mid-west in the show: Birthright Israel Next Presents: Monologues.
- Featured storyteller and sketch comedian in The Village Voice recommended cabaret show Forbidden Kiss at Stage Left Studios.
Improv, acting, and directing training under: Mike Nichols, Armando Diaz, Christina Gausas, Rachel Hamilton, Dave Razowsky, Susan Messing, Becky Drysdale, Tara Copeland, Jackie Clarke, Matt Donnelly, Rebekah Johnson, Jess Allen Eason, Megan Gray, Peter McNerney, Nick Kanellis, Kathy Hendrickson, Kathryn Markey and Jagger Kaye.
Ruby is the female half of two person improv team RuBin with Binu Paulose, a TIME OUT CHICAGO *CRITICS PICK. Together they improvised in New York for 5 years and in over 20 improv festivals all over North America including The Chicago Improv Festival, The Philly Improv Festival, Duo-Fest in Philly, Toronto Improv Festival, D.C. Improv Festival, Bad Theater Fest, and The Baltimore Improv Festival.
Performed in "The Subject" a 50 minute improv show originating in Chicago and directed by Christina Gausas as part of the Magnet Theater's Director Series in May of 2012.
Performed on long-form improv house teams (Yum, Yum Bangkok) and musical improv house teams (Aquarius, Hot Diner) at The Magnet Theater and at The P.I.T. in NYC. Performed on indie improv teams in NYC (Los Banditos Del Canto, Human Pyramid, Hans Gruber & Sally's Ham Wallet) that have performed at U.C.B., U.C.B. East, The Magnet, The P.I.T., The Tank and other venues.
YOU TUBE CHANNEL
You can view her VIDEOS on her You Tube Channel AND on her You Tube Playlist.
Tumblr Page: www.rubescubez.tumblr
- I used to drive a 1988 Buick Station Wagon. Until it caught on fire. With me in it.
- I speak spanish and studied in Spain for a semester where I was thrown off a horse into a gate. It was not romantic at all.
- When I am sad I Google "dogs wearing party hats". Next time you're sad, try it.